Friday 1 January 2021

New Year Supplemental - God I Hope This Year Is Better Than The Last - Syml

Syml is the solo vehicle for former Barcelona - that's the Indie band not the football club - front man Brian Fennell.

This has a gorgeous wintry Yuletide feel and could have found its way onto the 25 days but the title made it such a shoo-in for New Year's Day '21 that I couldn't resist it. I'm hearing a spectral 'With or Without You'. You?

Anyway, I wish you all a very Happy New Year and raise a glass to your good health even though personally, I think 2020 will look like a walk in the park compared to the horrors that await us this year. After the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab is found to turn us all into zombies, those of us left will enter the wasteland of next December as skeletal mutants intent on eradicating the last vestiges of tinsel and Christmas songs. Even if I survive, I will be a marked man and hunted down like a wounded animal, finally cornered and torn limb from limb by slavering peoploids while the echoing strains of 'Fairytale of New York' play in the background.

Still, what a way to go eh? 



No comments:

Post a Comment